An Italian tourist has been killed and seven other people injured in a suspected car-ramming attack near a beach in Tel Aviv, Israeli medics say.
Italy's foreign minister said Israel had identified the man killed as Italian citizen Alessandro Parini, 36 A doctor told Israeli television the wounded included three British nationals and one other Italian.
Footage from the scene showed an overturned car near a promenade and an Israeli police officer opening fire.
Local police said the suspected attacker was shot dead by officers.
Police have named him as Yousef Abu Jaber from Kafr Qasim, an Israeli-Arab city.
The attack came after two British-Israeli sisters were killed and their mother injured in a shooting in the occupied West Bank earlier on Friday.
Police in Tel Aviv said at 21:25 local time (19:25 BST) a 45-year-old man drove a Kia car along the city's beachside boardwalk, hitting several pedestrians before overturning on the lawn of the Charles Clore Garden.
They said a police officer at a nearby petrol station heard the commotion and, after running to the scene, saw the driver of the car "trying to reach for what looked like a rifle-like object that was with him" and then "neutralised him".
The Israeli ambulance service said that, aside from the alleged perpetrator, there were a total of eight casualties from the attack and that all were tourists.
Of those wounded, three suffered moderate injuries and four sustained only light injuries, it said.